【2】Description of the problem
The NVR can’t recognize the HDDs of ESS, but NVR can recognize its own hard disk.
【3】Problem Processing (Root Cause)
According to the description from customer, the RnD ask the customer to collect info as follow:
(1) Upgrading the firmware of NVR and ESS to the newest baseline.
(2) Collecting the dmesg file by SSH and then send it to RnD for analysis.(I will introduce how to collect the dmesg file by SSH in NVR6 series below)
(3) Try to connect the ESS to another NVR for cross-testing.
After doing this, the issue still can’t be located, so we suggest customer to sent his ESS and NVR to RMA. After RMA testing, we find the reasons below:
(a) The ESS must be opened before NVR. Otherwise, the NVR may can’t recognize the HDDs in ESS.
(b) After upgrade the firmware, if possible, we suggest customer to default NVR and connect to the ESS again. Customer should download the configuration from NVR first and import it again after the NVR reboot.
If you have done these things above, the issue should will be solved, if not, please send this problematic
- CRT software
- NVR 6 series
4-2 Step by Step Instructions
- On the premise that the PC can ping the NVR6 and ensure the ESS has already connected to NVR successfully, use the PC to log in to the device web interface. Open “SSH” to enable, As shown in the screenshot below:
- Log in to the device using SecureCRT software.
Note: The prototype password is “admin123”, so enter “7ujMko0admin123” this time.
At this point, you need to set the SecureCRT parameters as follows:
- Set the log print storage path
Note: After completing the above configuration, start connecting to IPC or PTZ.
- Enter “shell” and enter the employee ID number after “Domain Accounts”. A QR code will appear.
- Use WeChat “Scan” to scan the QR code and enter the employee account password to get “Check codes”.
- Enter “Check codes” in “SecureCRT”. If “~#” appears, it means that you can successfully enter the background of the device and start collecting log print information.
In this interface, enter “dmesg” and save this log printing, send it to RnD for analysis.