NVR Model: NVR4216-4KS2
NVR Version: 3.212.0000,1 Build Date: 2017-02-24
IPC Model: The third part Camera (Sony)
【2】Description of the problem
There are 12 NVR4216-4ks2 with same model and same firmware, approx. 170 Sony cameras are added in the NVR issue is on local display few cameras doesn’t shows the video. If manually switching on M or S1 then also can get the view. Where there is no view of the camera on local display then that camera remain in main stream and in playback there is recorded data issue. We check the playback interface, sometimes NVR not record main stream video unpredictable, and sub stream is always well.
【3】Problem Processing (Root Cause)
1. Update to the last firmware and still same issue.
2. Do factory default, and set all again, but issue still same.
3. When NVR stop to record main stream video, we reboot the NVR, then it is start to record main stream video.
4. Check all channel Encode configuration and estimate NVR performance. Most of NVR connect full channel and performance is enough.
5. Reduce all channels’ Main Stream encode bit rate to 512Kb/s, Reduce resolution and FPS, still same issue.
6. The network environment is very complex, so we let all 16 cameras connect NVR directly and testing more than 24 hours, but the issue is still same.
7. We collect NVR4216-4KS2 print logs by RS232 port, and rnd can’t get the reason why sometimes NVR can’t record main stream.
8. We collect sniffer from NVR, and we found that camera is always sending data to NVR well, so we can judge that network environment is well and the problem is from the NVR4216-4KS2.
9. We arrange a remote session let rnd check all information but still can’t find the reason.
10. Rnd release a new firmware, which can collect useful details, but still can’t find the reason.
1. Even we can’t find the issue reason, but we judge that NVR4216-4KS2 isn’t compatible very well with this third part camera.
2. We customize a firmware, which can set a 15s heartbeat server. When NVR4216-4KS2 stop to record main stream, heartbeat server will detect it and give a command to NVR start to record main stream again. Then solved this issue.